Job Title: Community Specialist
Department: Community Services- Calaveras
Employment Type: Full Time (35 hours per week)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Ability to teach and support people with intellectual disabilities to successfully meet their goals
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to use MS word
- Ability to submit clear and concise written documentation
- Ability to develop successful relationships with multiple program participants and affiliates
- Ability to work early mornings, late evenings, and /or weekends as needed to meet the needs of the program and people the Arc supports
- Ability to work cooperatively with other team members to achieve success
- Knowledge of the local community or a willingness to learn about the local community (Amador and Calaveras Counties)
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance
- Consistently dependable
- A strong belief in the Arc’s mission and vision.
Experience in the field of intellectual disabilities is desired however other skills may compensate for field experience. We are willing to train an upbeat, energetic and enthusiastic candidate.
Applications for employment may also be picked up at The Arc of Amador or Calaveras offices. The Arc accepts applications on a continuous basis for employment with our Community Service Program, Supported Employment Program, and Supported Living Program.
The Arc of Amador and Calaveras is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please note that we hire people with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great references and a good driving record. The Arc also tests for alcohol and drug abuse. Only individuals who test negative for drugs and alcohol will be considered for employment.